Natural Ways to have Healthy, Glowing Skin
Ok so as you all know, makeup is all the rage! With women left and right, highlighting, contouring, and baking.. you know, the works!
So many women apply their makeup so well that I often gawk at the flawlessness of their execution.
True Beauty, Though…
I watch tons of makeup tutorials on Instagram and my absolute favourites are those that apply makeup fabulously, but when they remove the gunk, their skin looks even better than with the makeup on!
That being said, it makes me super sad when I see women who look stunning when they cover their face, but underneath have troubled skin. For the most part they use makeup as a cover up of what’s going on underneath, and many times their makeup use only worsens the skin.
Importance of Healthy Skin
I feel extremely happy seeing people with healthy skin because it makes me feel that they are loving themselves in the way that they deserve, and tending to their garden as they should.
It seriously makes my heart smile and inspires me to match their pedigree. It also emboldens me to help any woman out there who wants to have flawless skin with or without makeup, and believe me Mother Nature has us covered there.
Those Instabeauties who can work the halleloo out of their makeup, but who still have healthy skin underneath, understand something about skincare that those who use makeup as a cover up might not fully grasp.
We must take care of our skin ALWAYS and use makeup as a means to enhance our beauty, not cover our problems. But how do we fix the problems in the first place?! Well like mumma always says, “it takes work.”
The good news is, this kind of work is fun!
Tending to our Skin Garden
A large theme within this site is recognizing that our body is our garden, and whether you are interested in horticulture or not, tending to your body as you would a beloved garden will only allow you to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
This is because you’ll see a transformation in yourself and can take pride in the fact that you loved yourself enough to make it happen, cap’n.
Natural Ways to have Healthy Skin
This kind of gardening is super easy, cheap and of course… all natural baby! Remember we all have different skin, and you might have to try different techniques that work best for you, but here are some excellent natural tips to head you in the direction of healthy skin.
- Diet. Duh! What you put in your body is reflected in your hair, skin, and nails. Nourish your body with plenty of greens, fruits and other vegetables. Try juicing or blending together fruits and veg (especially avocado) to add to your daily intake and watch how your skin thanks you!
- Water. You know dis! Need I go in to how life saving, life-saving water can be? This liquid love hydrates the skin like no other and its absolutely necessary to choose water as your beverage of choice when you want to have healthy glowing skin.
- Homemade face scrub. You don’t even need to shell out big bucks for it. What I use is some olive oil, sugar, honey, oatmeal, and grapeseed oil. I mix these together and use it to gently scrub my face daily. The granules help to remove dirt and exfoliate my skin while the other ingredients soften and hydrate my face. I also use this on different parts of my body mixed with my natural body wash, for a nice body scrub.
- Tamarind. Tamarindo. Tamarindeeeee. Ever heard of this unusual fruit? If you haven’t, then it is time to make its acquaintance because it is fab on fab for the skin. What I do is remove the shell from the Tamarind, remove the vines. Boil until soft. Take the fruit out of the boiled water. Remove the seeds. Put what is left on my face for about 20 minutes, then rinse it off. I do this once a week and I love this method. Tamarind has anti-aging properties, it removes unsightly bumps, has antioxidants, and gives the skin a youthful look. DIY Queen, Fara Dhukai saves the leftover water/tamarind juice as a toner for the skin.
- Moisturizer. For my body I use shea butter melted with coconut oil and a bit of lemon essential oil and my skin looks and feels fresh and soft. I also shave my legs and underarms using coconut oil instead of a shaving cream.
There are tons of nature’s gifts that can aid us in achieving that sought after healthy skin. If you want a wider scope, I would recommend checking out this book as it gives valuable information on natural skin care with organic formulas to keep that skin cared for.
Natural skincare can be a strange phenomena, especially when the majority of the population is accustomed to NAUGHTY products BUT natural skincare is, like you, so worth it!
- What is the most bizarre natural skincare routine you know? Make sure to get involved in discussion below and hit those share buttons!
- Join our natural living circle by subscribing!
- Share this post with a friend in need!
- Take care of your scalp, it is the soil of the bounteous plant that is your hair!
- Love ya’s 💋