The Real Reason Why You Should Wear Your Natural Hair- Is this Answer Shocking?
Woooooo! It is Natural Hair Friday and that means its a day long celebration! So have yourself a shot of water, take a super cute selfie and let’s get down to business!
Before I delve into the number one reason why you should wear your natural hair, let me say that I do understand that variation is the spice of life. Hairstylists and hair fashionista’s alike would lead very dull lives indeed without the ability to mix things up in the hair department. We should have fun with our hair and not take things so seriously BUT here at the Natural Living Handbook, we are advocates of respecting our natural hair first and foremost and choosing our natural texture above anything else.
The Obvious Reasons to go All Natural
There are the super obvious reasons for wearing your natural hair:
- Heat tools fry your hair over time (and yes even the first time)
- Weaves and hair extensions encourage tearing, breakage, and a receding hairline (that extra large fod is not cute… sorry)
- You don’t have to worry about the upkeep or be fearful of the rain or other elements.
- You can get your a** in water all the way (I still never do)
- It is unique, bomb, and powerful to rebel against the powers that be (you know…those that say we all must have straight/sleek hair to be socially- correct!)
- It’s healthier and your hair will grow faster and in a special way
- Your strands will be stronger than ever
- Relaxers are pretty much poison and everything that goes on your body makes its way inside as well…
- Styling options open up because it is super versatile
- It saves time
- You no longer have to spend major dough on hair extensions, hair salon’s, or unnatural products
- You set an example for the younger ladies in your life
The Real Reason to Wear Your Natural Hair
Yes yes those, among others, are all very good reasons. BUT the real reason, the number one convincer, the top rationale for wearing your natural hair is… it is you! Literally. It is part of your authentic self. You were born with it and that is such a beautiful thing. You get to know your hair in all of its fabulous texture and rock them tresses for what they are. Wearing your natural hair is so empowering, its freeing, and let me tell you, it shows your pure, bad a** self! People will notice your pluck and you will stand out as the individual that you are. It is one of the most beautiful things to see someone embrace their natural beauty and that reason, above all is why you should choose to wear your natural hair.
Benediction in our Heart and Soul: “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference”
Sure you can straighten, texturize, relax, embellish with hair extensions, stick curlers in it, or whatever else, but the hair coming from your roots will always be what it is! You can’t change that and why should you? You were blessed with it, it is you! The takeaway here is that you are perfect as you are! You and your hair is fab, always remember to let it shine!!
Happy Natural Hair Friday!!!
- Come back every week for more NHF celebrations!
- Subscribe so you never miss out on natural living tips and fun tricks
- Hit those share buttons
- Comment below so that I know what you think of this post 😉